Tuesday 22 May 2012

Is Tenth Avenue North's "By Your Side" dating Emeli Sandé's "Next To Me"?

Okay, ever get this creepy feeling when it seems your favourite songs are talking to each other, maybe sharing a private message?  Well,  "Next to me" and "By Your Side" feel enough like two irritatingly-in-love people, in spite of the fact that Tenth Avenue North is a Christian band and "By Your Side" is a Christian song- but the lyrics- oh no, the lyrics!


Lines like these give me the creeps-


Emeli Sandé goes:
When the money's spent and all my friends have vanishedAnd I can't seem to find no help or love for freeI know there's no need for me to panicCause I'll find himI'll find him next to me...
And Tenth Avenue North replies:
And I'll be by your sideWherever you fallIn the dead of nightWhenever you callAnd please don't fightThese hands that are holding youMy hands are holding you
 Emeli Sandé goes:
When the skies are grey and all the doors are closingAnd the rising pressure makes it hard to breatheAll I need is a helping hand to stop the tears from fallingI will find him, will find him next to me
Tenth Avenue North affirms:
Look at this hands and my sideThey swallowed the grave on that nightWhen I drank the world's sinSo i could carry you inAnd give you lifeI want to give you life
Creepy, right? - and the same story deja vu-ing all over again. - and in my head keeps playing:
"...and i'll be by your side wherever you fall... you'll find him, you'll find him next to me... Cos' i love you, i want you to know that i'll never let you go.... you will find him, you will find him next to me...."


Okay you guys! Enough with the sappy stuff. We know you're by her side. We know he's always next to you. We heard already!!! Geeeeeeez!


Watch the videos here:


Tenth Avenue North - By Your Side




Emeli Sandé - Next To Me



No comments:

Post a Comment